Thursday 17 July 2014

Schokoladen-Brote: Chocolate Crackle Cookies

I was away over the weekend visiting a friend and exploring a different side of Penang. We had a good time looking for the murals and eating our way around.  Finally bought my cake stand for RM29.90! It was such a steal! Many thanks to my host for driving me to the 2nd Tesco to get the stand (it sold out when I finally made up my mind to buy). I wanted to buy the cupcake stand too but thought better of it. I will post a picture of the stand when I bake a cake to display :)





I was in Penang when the World Cup finals were played. We were way too tired after the whole day of walking to stay up to watch the game but there were fireworks going on at 4 plus in the morning when Germany won. Congratulations to Germany! As promised to my friend, Ben, I would post a German recipe when Germany wins.

I got the below recipe from my German boss when I was working for a bank. She actually gave me a photocopy of the recipe which is in German and only translated the ingredients in English so I have to guess the method myself.


Chocolate Crackle Cookies

200g dark Chocolate
90g Butter
115g caster Sugar
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla essence
215g all purpose Flour
25g Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking powder
A pinch of Salt
175g icing sugar

1) Pre-heat the oven at 160 deg C
2) Melt chocolate and butter together using a double boiler method
3) Remove the melted chocolate and butter from heat, add the caster sugar and stir till melted.
4) Add the eggs one at a time, stiring till well mixed
5) Add vanilla essence.
6) Sieve the flour, cocoa powder,salt and baking powder together.
7) Add the sieved flour into the melted chocolate mixture.
8) Chill in the fridge for an hour.
9) Shape the cookie dough into small balls. Coat the cookie balls with icing sugar.
10) Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Cool before storing.






No comments:

Post a Comment