Saturday 5 July 2014

Chocolate Orange Cake

I love chocolate and I love orange!

My closest friends know that I love anything citrus. I have shower gels, lotions, perfumes and room diffuser all in orange scent. I find the scent very refreshing and uplifting and wonderful as a wake me up when you shower with orange scented shower gels. When Baileys came out with the limited edition Orange Truffle Baileys, I had to stock up a few bottles at home!

As for Chocolates, hmmmm... need I say more? Just look at the name of this blog :) So when I came across several blogs mentioning Nigella's Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake, I just had to give it a try. When I first tried this recipe, I found that the orange taste was much stronger than the chocolate. That wasn't the taste I was looking for. I did some modifications and managed to achieve the Chocolate Orange taste that I love. I even baked an Owl cake for my sister's birthday with this same cake.



Chocolate Orange Cake

320g unsalted Butter
4 tbsp Honey
140g Brown sugar
200g Cake flour
86g Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking soda
4 large Eggs
Zest of 1 large orange
120g orange juice

1) Preheat your oven at 160 deg C
2) Beat the soften butter with honey and brown sugar till smooth.
3) Sieve the cake flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together
4) Fold in one scoop of the flour into the butter mixture and followed by one egg. Continue till you have folded in all the flour and eggs.
5) Add the orange zest and orange juice into batter and mix well.
6) Pour the batter into a 7 inch sqaure pan and bake for 45-55 mins.



You can eat this on its own or you can decorate it with some chocolate ganache.



No comments:

Post a Comment