Wednesday 27 August 2014

Easy Nutella Brownies

Met 2 of my classmates from the university days on Monday for a catch-up. These days we probably meet about once or twice a year as everyone is busy with work and family. Both friends have young children so one of their activities together is baking. One of the reasons for our catch-up is so that I can bring one of my friends to buy the ingredients for making snow skin mooncakes together with her boys. The other friend commented that her little girl loves going to ToTT (a kitchen supply store in Singapore) and baking cookies there. I told her she could do simple things like cookies and cupcakes at home with her girl so that it less expensive and they do not need to drive out. Afterall, she has a domestic helper who can help with the clean-up.

On Monday afternoon, when I got home, I sent the recipe for this easy 3 ingredient brownies to them. I thought I would share this recipe with you too. These brownies look so pretty in their cupcake liners.


Nutella Brownies in a cup

1 cup Nutella (about 280g)
2 Eggs
10 tbsp plain Flour
some nuts for decoration (optional)



1. Pre-heat oven at 170 deg C
2. Whisk the eggs lightly with a fork.
3. Add in the Nutella and mix well.
4. Sieve the plain flour and fold into the egg and Nutella mixture.
5. Scoop them into cupcake liners or muffin moulds.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes till cooked (depends on size of cups)

I have added some almond flakes for decoration. You can add hazelnuts or walnuts if you like. The brownies can also be baked in a try and then sliced for serving. The baking time will take about 30-40 minutes.

I served my brownies with some vanilla ice-cream when I had some guests over. Pardon the poor lighting, I took the picture in the evening just prior to eating my brownie.


This recipe is so easy to make yet very yummy! The most difficult part is trying to measure the sticky Nutella in a cup and transferring into the mixing bowl. I solved this by adding the Nutella directly into the mixing bowl and weighing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment