Monday 22 June 2015

Steamed Pumpkin Kueh

Hello! It's been almost one month since my last post. Didn't realise it's been so long. I have been busy and a little lazy :)

I have tried a few new recipes these last weeks and will try to put them up as soon as possible. Today I am sharing a recipe that is true to my Hokkien heritage...steamed pumpkin kueh. Met a friend last week and she mentioned she loves steamed pumpkin kueh so Di, this is for you. I will save some for you when you get back from your trip.


Steamed Pumpkin Kueh (makes a 8 inch round)
600g skinned pumpkin (I used butternut squash instead)
100g yunnan ham (I used turkey bacon, diced)
50g dried shrimp
6 dried chinese mushrooms (soaked and diced)
salt
pepper
11/3 cups water
1 cup rice flour




1) Grate the pumpkin and set aside
2) Heat up a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan and stir fry the dried shrimp, mushroom and ham till fragrant.


3) Add the grated pumpkin and toss to mix


4) Add the water to the rice flour and stir well. Pour the flour mixture into the pan and stir over medium heat till it thickens.


5) Oil a 8 inch baking tray and pour in the mixture into the tray. Steamed over high heat for an hour. Make sure you replenish the steamer with plenty of hot water to keep the steamer from going dry.


6) Let the pumpkin kueh cool and harden before slicing.


 7) Serve with some coriander leaves, sliced chilli and sesame seeds.

I am all ready for my brunch. Will update with a photo of the sliced kueh after I have tasted it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment